Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mee Racun Gear Box Batu Pahat



I was on duty in Batu Pahat on 7 and 8 Oct 2009. Around 7.30 pm, the manager invited me for a quick dinner before role out for the day. He took me to this wooden stall at Taman Setia Jaya, next to the single storey terrace house. No not sure what is the address of the road. What I can remember is that if you want to go there, you need to go to Tesco, after you passed the Tesco, turn left if you from Batu Pahat town but if you from Ayer Hitam, you need to turn right. Then, you have to go straight until you reach a mosque next to your left, then quickly turn right. Go straight down at least 1 km until you reach shophouses at your right hand side, please look at your left, there is a stall but open your eyes widely because at glance, you cannot identify there is a stall there.

The manager ordered 2 Mee Racun Gear Box. It teasted like a mee bandung but more delicious when i took the first bite. The Mee Racun was accompanied by two Lamb gear box where the meat was so tender and sweet.

The manager told me that when he was 7 years old, his father took him to eat this Mee Racun. So it means it was 25 years ago since the manager was a year older than me. Previously the stall was located in town and it was operated by the father of the current owner. The owner now is his son who had the opportunity to continue the legacy of his father in selling the Mee Racun. I managed to talk to the owner but cannot recalled his name. I asked him whether the stall open on Saturday. He said yes and he asked me how the Mee Racun since he saw from my facial impression that i was so satisfied with the Mee Racun.

My uncle told me that there is a same stall located in Kuala Lumpur. I will find the place and try the Mee Racun. But I will still continue to come again to Batu Pahat and try this Mee Racun.

No comments:

Post a Comment