Friday, June 8, 2012

Bukit Tinggi - The City of Padang foods

Visit Padang and Bukit Tinggi, Indonesia will definitely be the most challenging in tempting your appetite and enduring your diet as these city is known as the best places for "Padang" foods, known as a traditional and authentic foods of Minang people.

The plan to visit here was done last year, December 2011. The original plan is to bring both our parents and in-laws to come here. Since my great great grandfather came from here and same goes to my father-in-law, his great great grandfather is from here too.  Unfortunately, I could not bring them here because both of them got health complication.  My mother got diabetes complication and heart attack, and my father-in-law got heart surgery.  Both of them are still in recovery stage.

Early morning at 3 am, we were pack and ready to drive to LCCT.  The flight departed sharp at 7.50 am. An hour later we reached Padang.





First stop was at to take our breakfast. Nice restaurant and good Minang foods too.












While having the breakfast, I overheard conversation from local people next to our table. I surprised when 3 of them claiming that they stayed at LA, Texas and Singapore. Before this, I also overheard some people at Padang Airport mentioning LA, Texas and Singapore. I asked my tour guide that it is really true most of local people got houses at these three places. From their appearance, they look so decent. My tour guide claimed that most local people like to brag other people especially tourists because actually the word LA is not Lost Angeles but Lembah Anai, Texas is Tanah Sawah "paddy field" and Singapore is Sungai Puar.  The names of the local city or village in Padang and Bukit Tinggi.  LOL...

We made a pitstop to this wonderful river fall known as LA Air Mancur, the LA is "Lembah Anai" and not "Los Angeles".









Lunch time....eat again...









At night.. eat again... i gained 2 kilos during my 1-day stay in here... need to "puasa" diet when come back to KL.






Overall, the "Padang Minang" foods here are totally very delicous and as compared to the same offered in Kuala Lumpur.  There is a saying "Original is the best quality"...

Next - Part 2...Hang Tuah vs Hang Jebat in Bukit Tinggi, Indonesia?

No comments:

Post a Comment