Sunday, October 28, 2012

Eidul-Adha, gathering, my mom & late father in law

Surprisingly, this year Hari Raya Eidul-Adha, my parents and my siblings, my brother and his family from Penang and my younger sister from Rawang came to my house. I got 7 sibling and I am the third.
 

Eidul-Adha is also know as Feast of the Sacrifice, a major festival celebrated by Muslim worldwide to to honour the willingness of the prophet Ibrahim to sacrifice his young first-born son Ismail as an act of submission to Allah swt command and his son's acceptance to being sacrificed, before Allah swt intervened to provide Abraham with a ram to sacrifice instead.
 

When we gathered together at the dining table, my father told us the old stories about his father, and other things that sometimes remind us how lucky we are sometimes in our life. The most heartily story is about my eldest brother who his life is not on his side. My father expressed his deep feeling that how bad his son turn to, end of the day he is still his son and his blood. I can see the sadness of my father through his eyes.
 

My eldest brother was wrongly brought up during his teenager time because he stayed with my grand parents and my father's sister. He got everything he wishes for. He was a smart student and he got 5 A's in his standard 5 "Penilaian" examination. Unfortunately my grand father passed away and my brother had changed and never changed. My dad said that my brother has to blame himself of not changing his lifestyle and attitude who always blaming other people of his 'unfortunate" life.







 

When I looked at my mom, she looks very very old. When I hold her and lifted her up from her wheel chair. Her weight is light and I can feel the bones. My mother just got amputated because the wound on her left leg has infection and doctor advised us that to save her, they need to amputate my mom leg. This year in February 2012, my mom admitted to ICU due to diabetes complication and she recovered 3 months later. Her condition look bad especially on her left leg. The bruise won't heal and it deteriorated until last month, her leg has to be amputated.
 

But I happy to see her smiling again even without her one leg. The pain gone and my dad previously text to me saying mom cannot sleep at night because her wounded leg before the amputation.








** I had to blank out my wife face since she does not wear a head scarf.

After my parents and my sibling drove away after the whole day spending the time talking and watching Amazing Spiderman. I thinking about my late Father in law who just passed away this year in July 2012. He was a great man who taught me a lot to be a good man, husband and father. 14 years with him is a short time but his legacy of his firmness and kindness of his family and grandchildren is hardly to forget. He just went for heart surgery in June 2012 and we expect him to be around for the next 10 years but Allah swt loves him more than us.














These photos were taken last year during the eve of Hari Raya EidulFitri...Al Fatihah to my late father in law.

No comments:

Post a Comment